Monday, November 29, 2010

Hope

I'm cheating just a bit today, as I recover from our week of vacation.  In my weariness, and getting a late start to my Monday - I want to just share a poem I wrote a while back.  It was written for a friend, during a difficult time and I believe it's valid every day, for every person.  I pray it brings you some peace and  hope today.  

God is not the God of chaos
He is the Prince of Peace;
He’s always just a prayer away,
In His arms, our fears can cease.

Fears do not just float away,
Or magically disappear;
They must consciously be given up,
Placed on an alter, and forever left there.

If we let go and give our fears to God,
Flowing upward on a wing and prayer;
He takes them all, and with a smile,
Turns them to blessings for all to share.

Through our willing transparency,
God turns our sharing into strength;
How precious true friends become,
In good or bad, circumstance or length.

With God in the lead, nothing is wasted,
Whether tears, frustration or celebration;
When shared with others here on earth,
The tears and smiles build a strong foundation.

If I could tell you just one thing,
To help you sleep,  and forever be grateful;
I would remind you of a promised hope,
     “For He who promised is faithful!”

Hebrews 10:23...
”Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment